ALFRED SCHNITTKE | International Composers’ Competition 2017 – 2nd Edition
City: Tchaikovsky str. 7 – Lviv (Ukraine)
Sponsored by: Lviv Philhamonic Society
Date: from 18 to 22 November 2017
The International Composers’ Competition ALFRED SCHNITTKE was born from the idea to create a project that will work on the meeting of the contemporary music of our time, dedicated to the memory of the great russian composer of 20th century Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998).
All composers who wish to participate into the International Composers’ Competition must write an original work.
The 2nd International Composers’ Competition ALFRED SCHNITTKE is open to all composers of any age and nationality.
The organization will select composers who will have the opportunity to participate into the International Composers’ Competition ALFRED SCHNITTKE from 18 to 22 November 2017 in the city of Lviv (Ukraine), inside the Lviv Philhamonia.
The composers’ selected works will be performed in a final concert on 22 November inside the Concert Hall of Lviv Philharmonic Society.
The concert will be recorded by a sound engineer and a movie director will make a video.
Each composer must submit a music score choosen in 3 following sections with piano and viola soloists:
1) ensemble from 5 to 11 players (1 flute, 1 clarinet, 1 bassoon, 1 horn,1 percussionist, 1 piano, 2 violins, 1 viola,1 cello,1 contrabbass);
2) piano and chamber orchestra max 22 elements ( 6 violins I, 4 violins II, 4 violas, 4 cellos, 2 basses, 2 percussionists);
3) viola and chamber orchestra max 22 elements ( 6 violins I, 4 violins II, 4 violas, 4 cellos, 2 basses, 2 percussionists).
Deadline: 29 September 2017.
The work must not exceed 10 minutes.
All score will be sent by email (only one work for composer), in PDF format, at email@example.com.
Each email sent to submit a score shall include:
– The score and orchestral parts must be in A4 format, (please indicate minutes of the score) as PDF file (Sibelius or Finale program);
– A second PDF-file containing the identity of the composer (name and address, nationality, telephone number, email, website, short CV)
and a statement by the composer stating that the submitted work has never before been published, performed in public and/or broadcast before, nor prized in any composer’s competition. Other file format than PDF are not acceptable and will result in the submission being rejected!
There is no registration form.
The Composition Staff will select the best composers, from all the application submitted, no later than 01 October 2017.
The tuition fee for all participants selected is:
€490 (euro 490 + 5% Paypal tax) for the category 1;
€670 (euro 670 + 5% Paypal tax) for the category 2 and 3, to be paid no later than 07 October 2017 by Paypal on email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The tuition fee includes:
– Check sound of the works of select composers from 18 to 22 November;
– Final concert in Philharmonia with the works selected with the Lemberg Contemporary Ensemble Lviv and Lemberg Sinfonietta;
– Professional AUDIO / VIDEO recording of the selected works during the final concert.
The tuition fee does not include:
Administrative secretary for the International Music Composers’ Competition ALFRED SCHNITTKE 2017 is Ms. Anastasiya Kodola.
For any question about the tuition fee and payment method write to email@example.com.
Please send a PDF file with your payment check to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Francesco Telli (ITA) – President
Bogdhana Frolyak (UKR) – Composer
Domenico Clapasson (ITA) – Composer
Ferdinando Nazzaro (ITA) – Composer, Artistic Director KLKnewmusic
Three prizes will be awarded.
1 Prize – 600 USD, and the score published by Aldebaran Editions
2 Prize – score edited by Aldebaran Editions
3 Prize – score edited by Aldebaran Editions
The Composition Staff reserves the right not to award the prize and to award Special Mentions of merit.